Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Heather's 5th week in Vegas!!!

Happy Late Easter!! I am glad you both had a wonderful Easter. Those pictures were so great to receive. They made me light up so much. Well so much has happened. We are really busy and I barely get time to write it all down in my journal. I have set a new bed time for myself 10 oclock which is a lot better because I need it. There are days that I dont know how I get through them but I do, I know its is all because of the Lord. He blesses us when we are obedient to his commandments. Easter for us was great. I did get the package, thank you so much!! I also got the package from Kim tell her I said thank you! I will try to send a card to them soon. But my companions loved it as well. That lotion she sent smells so good! So its great I really need lotion out here. We went to the Whites house for Easter dinner, and they had an Easter egg hunt for us in their backyard so we did that as well. It was awesome I think the last time we did an Easter egg hunt for Jeff and I was when I was about 12, I think. But we took pictures so I will try to send them next week through email.
 
I got a hair cut today, its short now so its good. It feels so much lighter now, its about to my shoulders now. But I got it done for free, the lady was a member who owned the place we went to, it was amazing how the Lord played a hand in it. I called this other lady this morning and I set up an appt. with her for next Monday which I really didnt want to wait that long, but I just set it up just because. Then we went to this place Sister Cockrell went to and I prayed right before I left and I said you know what I will pray about it because I know the Lord will answer my prayers. So I went into this place and I asked the ladies that were there how much it was for a hair cut and they were telling me and then this other lady walked in and they told me to ask her. So I started talking to her and she saw our tags and said oh well I do hair cuts for free for missionaries so I asked her if she had an opening today, which she did so I got my hair done at 2. It was so amazing to see how things worked out because when she was doing my hair she said that it was amazing how she walked in at the right time and also she had someone cancel on her so she was able to fit me in. Cool, huh?!?! So I shouldnt get to hot now in the summer here. Transfers are this Saturday, I really dont want to leave but I kind of feel like I might. But there are a couple of members here that are making it hard on me. There is this one kid in the singles ward that likes me and he will randomly text our phone and say stuff to me. I told President Black about him and having to go to his house this friday, we are trying to reactivate his sister so its extremely uncomfortable for me to go over there. We may arrange for splits when that time comes, but I cant believe how hard it is when members do things like this. I feel really bad for the Elders because they go through a lot of it, but the Elders feel like brothers to me so I feel safe when they are around. I am gaining a deeper appreciation for them.
 
Thank you for sending those piano books out I am getting better at playing Redeemer so its been really helpful for me. I am so thankful to be able to play the piano out here, it is a sense of relief for me now, so piano has taken over my stress releaser instead of riding dirt bikes seeing the fact that I cant ride on my mission. But its been a blessing God works in glorious ways. I am really glad you got to go to the temple. I am excited to go this next month wherever I will be. It will be amazing and I am just so happy that I will be able to go. I dont remember the last time it was that I had to wait this long to go to the temple, but it will be so wonderful.
Last week we didnt get our 20 lesson goal but I am praying and hoping this week we will. we had so many people cancel on us it was insane, we never had that many people cancel. But I have been learning that the more we have faith in Christ the more Heavenly Father will bless us. I know that all these things are happening because he wants us to have more faith in him that he will provide a way for us to reach our goal, for us to trust him more and rely more on him. It is a beautiful thing to learn. We had interviews with President Black this past Thursday it was great, I love seeing them both. Sister Black gave us this hand out that talked about missions I will have to type it out next week for you both. Thank you for keeping up with the blog I really appreciate it and I know every one else appreciates it as well.
 
So I think I got the best Easter gift ever. I got to see Stacie at Church yesterday. It was SO great, it made my day. Even though I had a rough night being able to see her made my Easter amazing. I will always remember this Easter for it, and it was like seeing family so I had you all in my heart yesterday, and it was added upon when I saw Stacie. I felt the Saviors love so deeply and profoundly yesterday. And I learned so much about the Atonement. I love the scripture "He is not here: for He is Risen!" I think Matthew, the very last chapter like verse 14 or something. But I was able to talk to Stacie for a little bit after sacrament it was great, I couldnt contain my happiness. But I am so happy for her, shes graduated and will finally be able to go out and do her thing. Her sister said I told you I would bring her, I really didnt think I was going to be able to see her before I left, if I do leave. But I am glad I did, I seriously wanted to give her sister the biggest hug ever as well. So amazing, great great day!!
 
It is great to hear about Ayden I love that little guy. Thats so funny about him eating a smurf,(he was coloring eggs with small paint rollers and stuck the blue one in his mouth, so it looked like he ate a smurf) he is a crazy Clevenger. I wanted to color eggs but didnt get to, but I will have to see those videos. Thank you for all the things you sent in the package.
 
That is really interesting that you mentioned addictions in your email because I have been encountering those things quite a bit lately. Its hard to see others struggle but it makes the Atonement that more real for me and everyone else. I know that Heavenly Father is watching over us. He loves us even when we are doing things wrong, he may not bless us exceedingly but he still watches over us and protects us. I have been working on that song Redeemer and I really want to play it for them, so hopefully I will be able to play it for them. I played it Saturday night at the Lorenzi building, love that building the organ pipes are amazing! But it was great and Sister Sprouse said she cried, I felt the Spirit take over as I played. It was a tender blessing and sweet moment. 
 
I got a lot of emails this week so thank you so much. Tell everyone else I said thank you as well I really appreciate them. I have been trying to write them back so I have been successful. I havent been able to read all of moms email it is super long and it took more time to write to everyone else first. But I am putting the email on the geek stick and I am going to try to print it off, it cost to print it off here at the library so I dont want to do that. But I also saved those pictures of Ayden, such a cutie. But I heard from Tahnee which is great, she is doing good busy with school and her brother came home this past week, which is so cool. I am so happy for her. Time has flown by I can remember just last year I was at school starting a new semester and meeting Tahnee for the first time and now its a year later and I am living in VEGAS!! I seriously didnt see that one coming at all, and then I got to see my roommate Stacie. God is filled with love and he wants to give all he has to his children, he wants to give them what they want but sometimes we have to wait patiently for better things that will come ahead. 
 
I did get an email from the Bishop but I didnt get time to write him back so I will try to write another letter so he will have two to read to the ward. But this ward has 13 missionaries out in the field, that is so amazing!!! Dont worry about me getting hurt I am doing fine, there will be a good stroy to tell about that that can relate to the gospel. But we went hiking at Red Rock, I told stacie that we will have to do that when I come back to visit. Sister Black said something about having a sister day, and going hiking with all the sisters here. We went on the ice box trail it was amazing we hiked into this BIG canyon! Breath taking and so many places to rock climb.

We taught an investigator this past Friday about the plan of Salvation, she seemed really confused when we were going through it. But once we were able to talk to her about it all and help her understand, it was amazing she finally understood it and once she understood it she said "I believe it all I accept it!" It was amazing to see, she has been prepared so much for this gospel its astounding! I hope I am here for her baptism, she wants to move her date back to the end of May but we are praying for the 3rd week of May instead so we will see what the Lord wants for her. She is kind of nervous about it so we had the Elders come over to give her a blessing. Oh but the lesson on Friday it was so crazy, when we got there to her place I felt this nervousness inside of me I felt as if someone else was nervous those feelings I usually get when someone close by is feeling it. Well I asked sister walker if she was nervous at all and she said no i dont think so, so then I got her to question it-not what I meant to do. But I felt like someone was nervous but we went in and near the end of the lesson Debbie said that she was super nervous before we came over, I seriously felt that feeling from her when I wasnt even near her. Crazy, but if finally made sense, but she is doing better. I dont even know what else to say but we did go tracting alot, there was one day that we didnt even use any miles on our car, we are way below our limit we have 300 miles still left to use before Saturday. Can you say joy ride around Vegas!! :) hahahaha just kidding but we may have to use more miles because if they see we dont use them all they may pull some away from us and we dont want that.

 
I know the Lord will take care of you all and things will be okay. I have been praying for you all and I am glad that things are going well. I was so excited to tell everyone about you both doing missionary work, President Evans said that when there is a missionary in the field the family is more blessed in doing missionary work. It is a great blessing to witness. I was talking to the lady that did my hair today about the mission. And I realized that the more I am tempted with my testimony the more it is strengthened because with every struggle comes strength and blessings. So I know that with every thing that comes about even with my testimony being questioned it is going to get that much more stronger. It is such a blessing from Heavenly Father, and the Atonement is so powerful. I am learning so much more about the Atonement and the power of prayer, I have a neat story about prayer which I will have to save for later. But I thought I knew a lot about the Atonement and Prayer before but now its even more than before. Its great I am so thankful for my trials because they are great blessings afterwards. Thank you so much for that quote mom it was awesome. Well I need to go, I do love P-days and being able to hear from you and everyone else. I love you and Miss you bunches, of oats!!!
Love Heather Baby Little One

No comments:

Post a Comment