Monday, April 11, 2011

Heather's 3rd Week in Vegas!!!

Here is another email we got from Heather, not as long as last week's but still a little bit to read:

Mom & Dad!
How are you both doing? Thank you so much for the emails. I loved them, though mom your emails took me a while to read but its okay I loved them. Thank you! I am glad you two were able to go to the temple this past Friday. I cant wait to go, our date is May 17th so I dont know if thats a different date than I told you. But they officially announced it in our District meeting. So the other night we were at one of the ward buildings and I was snooping around and found some picture boxes. They were like those white cards with a picture in the middle, like grandpa has.(She is talking about slides!) Well they had some of those and I was looking at them. They were of the Las Vegas temple being built!!!! It was so awesome, they had some amazing pictures of them in that box there were tons of boxes like the one I was looking at. It was SO cool. Oh I saw a shooting star the other night and I thought of you mom. I remember the last shooting star I saw was when we were driving to the Stake center for me to go get set apart. It was so cool, I knew when i saw that one with you I would remember you when i saw the next one. It was pretty awesome!! Oh I saw a little girl in RS yesterday and I talked to her mom, she was like 8 months old maybe. She was standing and grabing stuff so she isnt 4 months but she is super small and SO cute. Oh someone asked me yesterday if I knew a Heather Clevenger. I laughed and said yes thats me, it was funny but I guess there is another heather Clevenger around here who is married. Pretty crazy I told them I wanted to get together with them and see if we are related or how far back it goes.
We had 2 baptisms for the YSA ward on Saturday and we got two of our investigators to go to it. Pretty cool. There are three of the four investigators that we are teaching really want to get baptized. We are going hiking next monday I am pretty excited about it. Sister Cook is an awesome lady, she is so sweet. She said during a lesson that she wants her sons to meet a few of us after our mission. hahaha pretty funny.  We have three baptism dates set so far, one on June 4, one set for April 30 and we have another one set for May 7th.
Our transfer day is May 2 and 3 we find out April 30th if we are moving. I found out that the Mission President takes the leaving Missionaries to the temple so i will be able to go to the Las Vegas temple before I leave my mission. I really cant believe I have been here for 3 weeks, everyone keeps asking me how long I have been here and i forget. But it has been six weeks since I have left home, thats half a semester at BYUI. It has gone by super fast, but it has been so fun and really good. There are struggles but its good I am learning from them. Also we had 15 lessons this past week and we are going to strive to get 20 lessons this week. Most of them are Less actives or recent converts but its still good. So one day we were coming into the Library and some lady stopped us and gave us 20 dollars to go get lunch, pretty awesome! This months goal for the ward here is to share the Living Christ with someone and I think the other thing is to serve in the community. So thats their goal, pretty great, I am learning so much. It will be great they have like 5 couples for ward member missionaries, they go out with us to lessons and help fellowship less actives and things like that its really great. Well I want to write more but it took a lot of time to read moms emails so, sorry. But we do have an activity every monday, I found out that they have an indoor rock building here in our area I am super excited about. Well that is it for now! Sorry it took me so long to update the blog! I hope you enjoy reading this, even though it is very long and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment