Monday, April 11, 2011

Heather's 2nd Week in Vegas!!!

Well, instead of writing a condensed version on here, I decided to copy and paste most of Heather's email in here, so I hope you enjoy reading it! She is really having a wonderful time there and keeping VERY busy!
 
Mom & Dad,
How are you both doing? I am doing good, a lot better than last time. I am feeling a lot better now. It is interesting because I think i was getting sick but then I think I have allergies as well so its probably a combination of the two. We are excited to be able to go to the temple in May I cant wait, that was one of my desires was to go to the Vegas temple while on my mission and after I was able to go there then I was fine with going up North. So we will see. It has been a good week but a hard day. We tried to talk to people in the stores and it seemed that every person we talked to rejected us, but its okay because it will help us. And I just keep thinking that we are looking for those that have been prepared we are trying to prepare those that aren't yet thats the Lords work to help prepare them we can though plant a seed. I think we plant many seeds by just going out and having people see us. Sister Sprouse had some pretty good moments, we talked to one guy and he said he was atheist or how ever you spell it (doesnt believe in God) and Sister Sprouse said that we are on a mission for 18 months but I dont think the guy heard her because she said that when we go home we go get married and he thought that we were us three were heading home to get married to eachother! Talk about the foot in the mouth moment for her, I laughed because I didnt know how to help her out on that one   : D But she does talk alot about getting married and finding hot guys to marry so it was a matter of time that it was going to go the wrong way. Also when we were going to Sister Cooks house we came into the gate (gated neighborhood) sister Sprouse saw the number to their house so we go out and went to the door. And some couple came to the door who werent the Cooks at all it was so funny we went to the wrong house, we werent on the right street. So Sister Sprouse decided to contact them (tract them), they werent intrested but it was her way to cover up her mistake. I laughed so hard because there was no point to get embarrassed we all make mistakes like that and its better to laugh them off than anything else. I was going to call President on Wednesday about my throat but it felt better and then it got worse, but I just needed more sleep. I have been getting to bed by 1030 there was one night that I didnt but I have been lately. They stress alot about sticking to the rules, so I am trying really hard too. It is difficult sometimes when you dont know that you are breaking a rule or you have a habit and its difficult to change. One of them being wearing sunglasses, we are only really suppose to wear them in the car or when we tract. But when we are talking to someone we are suppose to take them off.
Sister Cook came by last night to tell us about the phone calls. We were over there and she said can I call your parents and I said yes thats fine. So she wrote all the information down for our parents. So she called the other Sisters families as well. She said she really liked it when members where her sons were serving would call her and tell her how they were doing and she wanted to do that for us. I am getting some really good ideas to do when I get home or have my own family. But she said that dad called her back and he was kind of serious in way or probably more curious and then he finally started to relax. I could just imagine that phone call, because you both didnt know. I was smiling and laughing because it was so both of you, then she said she talked to mom and you were sort of the same way and you were quiet. I told her you were probably crying which I dont doubt you were, because thats you mom. :) I loved it, it was way awesome to hear about. Sister Cook is the Relief Society President for Caynon Gate (the family ward). It was way awesome we went to her house Saturday night during the Priesthood session and she gave us food to take home, we get a lot of food from members it is great we got cooks that night too from Sister Lords. But before we were leaving I asked her about her baby grand in the room, she said it was a baldwin and sister sprouse asked her to play. She said she would only play if we sang along so she played a rendition of I know that My Redeemer Lives and we sang with her. It was AMAZING!! I loved it, there is something about gathering around a piano and singing together.
I did send you a letter about all the things that were going on this past week so you will probably get more details in that than this email. We also got another plate on top of the one plate we got from sister lords last night, so we took the extra one to the elders at the P-day activity. But this past Friday was probably the best day out of the week. It was amazing we saw so many people. We did go to In-N-Out friday for you both and got a double double for dad, and I had Sister Walker take a picture. I was going to try to send it to you through the email but I dont have the right hook-ups to down load them. So I dont know what I will do, I probably will print them out and send them next week, if I do print them out next week. I think we are going to try to go hiking next monday or the monday following it. I really cant believe I have been here for almost 5 weeks. It seems longer but it also has gone by fast its weird. Oh I will probably try to write Kim back soon but I dont know. I am going to try to email tahnee today. We reserved computers for 2 hours so it gives us more time to email, which i like.  I am trying to learn to play Come Thou Fount before I get home, one of the ward buildings had an 1948 hymn book with the song music to it so I copied it in the library, pretty genius huh?  Yes I did make a mormon.org profile I think it has to get approved first, and it says its still pending. Sister Sprouse said she made hers about 7 weeks ago and hers is still pending so mine may take a while to be accepted.
Oh my goodness so yesterday, this week has been pretty busy and crazy but we have been getting a lot of member referals which is AMAZING. But yesterday we go a phone call from an Elder he said that there was a lady that went to the building and said she wanted to get baptized and wanted welfare. We had to pass her off to the bishop but then we got a phone call later last night and they said that we are to start teaching her because she wants to get baptized for other reasons a well, all we know is this and her name is Debbie. But we are hoping to meet with her this week to start teaching her. There is a baptism for another sister this Saturday for our YSA ward, pretty great. We also asked a young women girl to commit to baptism on May 7 we are hoping her parents custody works out correctly so she can. We are going to set another baptism date to another investigator this week too, she already said she wants to get baptized. Pretty insane!!

Oh so our pday, its pretty busy we have to go shopping do laundry, we got the pday activity and we email home so its packed. But its good, we do many different things for the activity, today we met at the park and played softball as two zones there were so many missionaries there it was great. And I got to play catch after we got kicked off the field by some guy, he was pretty rude about asking us to leave becasue they were going to have practice. But anyway it was so nice to play catch again, and the sun was shining all day. I am getting so dark I am going to get black before May even gets here.
 
It is nice to not have to worry about bikes, yes that is right I wont have to ride a bike at all on my mission so more money saved. We just have to be careful about our miles. But we get to drive around in a silver Mazda 3 its pretty nice, but I dont get to drive until I am a trainer or seinor companion. How are the new missionaries? Oh the ward here has a missionary monthly goal where each month theres a different goal to achieve its pretty amazing. I really cant wait to get home and try to get the ward to start doing this, I think it would really help so much more. There is such a strong spirit and untiy within this ward and I think alot of it has to do with their goals and striving for missionary work they are huge on every member a missionary. So awesome. Yes many of these houses in the ward are huge. Sister Cook has a big house many of them look like the Warners house, and some of them are a little bit smaller. But they are still big.
The apartment we live in has a bathroom, but its kind of like a U shape its hard to explain but we share the laundry room with the Andrews and thats it. We have our own door, own kitchen, dining room, living room/bedroom, and bathroom. So its pretty nice its small and kind of snug but its better than other places. There are many Elders that do have nicer places than we do who live with members but the Andrews are super nice, Sister Andrews will come by some time and give us food that she bought from the store. So we cant complain at all.
Well I dont know what else to say. I am going to try to email Tahnee real quick before we have to go to our dinner appointment tonight. Well I love you both so very much and miss you. I am so happy to hear from you both. Love you and miss you bunches, of oats!
Love Heather Baby Little One

No comments:

Post a Comment