Monday, June 13, 2011

May 31, 2011

Well I am sick once again. I hope this doesnt become a routine of getting sick every transfer. I dont even know how I got sick, I cant even remember being around someone that was sick. But we went into the mission office today and I told sister Wright what was wrong with me and she said to go into the bathroom and get some advil (to release the pressure and swelling) and to take some Sudafed for my sinuses. I have been feeling like this since Sunday, which sucked because we had to give a lesson in the family ward the second hour and get up in Relief Society and help sister Goodnough with her lesson. So for Relief Society I thought I was going to talk about the sacrament but I found out as I got in there I was going to talk about the Sabbath day. Kind of scary but Heavenly Father blessed me to know what to say and have an idea of a story so it went really well. Some of the members were amazed they said I am amazing. The spirit was there so thats what matters most.
 
Yesterday our P-day was pretty lazy but it was good because it allowed me to just get some sleep. I am having problems sleeping at night because of this sickness but we are going to sister Taylors to get some nyquil so I should sleep like a baby tonight :) Next monday we are suppose to have a sister activity with Sister Black and the rest of the Sisters in Vegas, we are going to hike Red Rock again, really excited about it.


The gospel isn't just for sinners but for all of us to become perfected even as Christ is. Dad that is great to hear about your new calling soon you will be bishop, but not any time soon don't worry you have to get a nice house with a finished basement :)
 
The one thing that I learned this week is from John 21:15-17 It's about Christ asking Peter "Lovest Thou Me?" I talked about this in Relief Society too. But we should ask ourselves this question why are we doing what we are doing is it out of love for the Savior or just because everyone else is doing it. Are we going to church because mom and dad want me to go, or am I keep the sabbath day holy just because? It should be because we love Christ enough to follow his example and keep the commandments of God. This is why Christ was the perfect peron to ever walk the earth because his bowels were filled with so much love for God and for us. We should love him just as much as he loved us to give his life for us. So when we do something we should ask ourselves am I doing it out of love for the savior. We should be keeping the sabbath day holy because we love God and Christ so much and for us to how our love to them we should be obedient and follow Christ and Gods commandments.
 
So last week they called it Hell week, where we were in a competition with the other district for the most points. Our district won so we are having a BBQ this Friday. Pretty awesome. But we did good this past week, the work was awesome. We got 6 new investigators, handed out 3 Book of Mormons, set an investigator with a date, and had 8 lessons with investigators. So our next baptism is on June 11th he is in the Air Force and is a bodybuilder. But he is so ready, I extended the baptism commitment and before even finishing the whole thing he said Yes absolutely and then he said its about time. hahaha He is so excited to get baptized, its awesome. So I will get two baptisms within my second transfer.
 
That is great to hear about Nick its about time he got his papers in, I hope he has a testimony and he is wanting to work, its tough but it will be so rewarding if he is obedient to the rules. That is so funny that he's going to Idaho maybe I will see him when I get back to school, hahaha.(Heather's cousin Nick Bystrom is going on his mission to Pocatello ID)
 
Transfers are almost here, almost a week away pretty crazy. I was thinking for a moment that I was already in my 3rd transfer but its still my 2nd sometimes time feels like its going so fast and then there are times when it feels so slow. Crazy but Sister Sprouse doesn't want to go she said she will cry if she gets transferred out, but she has been here for about 6 months so she might just get transferred. If she gets transferred I may be staying in this area for 6 months as well, crazy that's 1/3 of my mission in this area. So I was looking at this guys shirt in the library and it said on the back of it Half way to St Pat's day September 17. I realized that that's my release date for my mission, so Dad when it's your birthday next year I will only have 6 more months left, but I may just leave a transfer early so i can be home for my niece's first birthday.
"You lay down your life every time you put the needs of someone else's above your own"
Faith has two aspects to it belief (hope) and the act (charity). Have you ever wondered why the scirptures always say faith hope and charity, well because they are all intertwined."  "Hope" Ensign GC May 2011 Priesthood Session.
 
Don't know what else to say but thank you for the stories about Ayden, I miss him and he is so funny True Clevenger right there. No I haven't received your letter yet hopefully today. Thank you and love you so very much. Love you and miss you bunches.
Love Heather baby Little One

No comments:

Post a Comment