Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Heather's 2nd Transfer

Helloooo
How are you doing??? I am doing good! So we got transfer calls this past Saturday but before i get to that I want to tell you about my week. It has been super busy, its been so busy that I haven't even written in my journal about the past couple of days. Ever since Friday I haven't been going to bed on time so hopefully after this transfer ends Tuesday night or tonight I don't know how they do that, but whatever, I will be able to get back to the normal schedule. Can you believe I have been out for 3 months now pretty crazy, and by the end of this transfer I will have been out for 4 1/2 months! But back to my week. We have been so busy making visits to less actives and some of the investigators we have. For the past four days we have barely been home, we would go home and then leave again its crazy but its good I like it like that. 
 
But last week on Thursday Elder Cummings called us and stopped by and said that the Zone Leaders were going to come by and prank us. I guess they found some big ole polar bear sitting on the side of the road and they picked it up. And they decided they wanted to prank us, so they asked Elder Cummings for our car keys because he deals with the cars and all that good stuff. So Elder Cummings came by with silly string so we could get them, he told us that they would come by on Friday night sometime to get us. So Friday night rolled around we were running around all over town literally and we finally got home about 9:40pm yep after curfew. We were at a sisters house who talks a lot and its super hard to leave, but we finally got home and we saw the Zone leaders down at a members house who go to another ward (different story) but we got into the house and I went to the bathroom and all of a sudden we hear our car alarm go off. The Elders pushed the panic button as they drove by, they forgot the video camera so they had to drive back home. Well we waited forever for them. I was outside in the little patio that they Andrews have in their front door with Sister Sprouse, bare foot (only I was barefoot). But there were TONS of bugs it was so GROSS! I had to keep jumping up and down so they would stay away from me it was nasty. The Andrews weren't home yet and when it was about 10:15 or something the Andrew's family came home and sister Sprouse and I were hiding out in the patio and Cristy their youngest who is in high school came up first. We started whispering to her and she freaked she was like mom there's someone right there, it was hilarious. We finally got them to come up and we told them the Elders were trying to prank us so we were going to get them. So, the Elders came back and were putting the bear in our car when we ran out and sprayed them with silly string. Elder Spencer bolted the other way and said Oh Crap!! Elder Towns was holding the video camera and just hung out by the car until we got closer. But it was hilarious! We told them what happened and that Elder Cummings told us about them coming over to prank us, so we are going to get Elder Cummings somehow. He always helps missionaries with pranks and stuff he plays both sides so we think its only fair to get him. So we told Elder Cummings we didn't get the Elders and that we waited forever and they never showed. So they got pictures with it all looking like they really got us so Elder Cummings thinks we got pranked and the zone Leaders never knew about it. So we will see what happens. But that night we got to bed super late we still needed to plan and everyone kept calling our phone even President Black called us that night. I was freaking out I thought someone told him what was going on and that we were in trouble. But sister sprouse said that he usually calls if someone is training or something like that so Saturday morning we called him back and left a message. 
 
We were going to Elder Cummings house to help his family with the backyard, well sister sprouse and I got to make homemade bread instead pretty awesome. But President Black called us right before we were going into their house Cummings so we talked to him. He asked me if I would be okay with being Senior companion and I said yes and he said that means Sister Sprouse is leaving. We waited all day to finally get the call to know where sister Sprouse is going and who my knew companion was. Sister sprouse is going to Meadows 4 &5th wards and I am going to get sister Knighton who was up in Fallon. I believe she had dinner with Scott and Kelly before so it will be cool to talk to her about that. I am really nervous and scared about it because I will have to do so much now. But i know that Heavenly Father will help me, he wont let me screw it up that bad so its a relief to know that. And I am so thankful I am not training because that would be even worse. Sister Knighton has been out one transfer longer than I have so its weird that I will be senior companion, I am glad she has experience though and I will get to learn from her. But this also means I will get to drive the car now :$
I am going to try to send a letter home today, well more like package but we will see. I have more pictures for you two to put on my computer and some pictures you can put on the blog. But be careful of which ones you put on the blog sister sprouse is very self conscience about some pictures, she freaked out that I was copying them all over to the USB but I will look at them and sort them out once I get home. Thank you so much for doing this for me and everything else. Oh so the Zone Leaders gave us a pocket knife, which Bro. Mendenhall gets somehow and gives them to certain missionaries. Pres. Black has one and Pres. Anderson, the zone leaders have one and Elders Sorenson and Lento got one for getting the most points for hell week. So they surprised us with one of our own. Its a Rough Rider pocket knife and I was wondering if you could see how much they cost and that stuff, just curious. But that little booger is sharp though, only has two blades and its like a cream handle its super small though its awesome! The other night we went to Elder Rolfsons place and he asked us so what do you to think about Elder Spencer. That little kid was trying to get us to say things about him like we like him and things like that, he likes gossip and I knew just what he was asking for so Sister Sprouse and I said hes a cool person and left it at that. We dont like any of the elders out here, this isnt the place for that and he likes to do things like that, I couldnt believe it stupid Elders.
I am going to miss Sister Sprouse though it will be weird but it will be good. Sister Walker is going up to Fallon now so it was like a little triangle swap but we didnt even see this coming. I really dont like transfers they get you all nervous and anxious because you dont know whats going to happen, it sucks. But I have learned alot from Sister Sprouse she has grown so much and I am so thankful for all that she has done, she has taught me so much. I was so proud of her yesterday, I saw her change so much, she likes to voice her opinion alot and she is trying to work on it but I told her I like to understand how people feel and not what they think. Sister sprouse wants to know what people think and not really feel and she is getting better and learning how to understand how people feel. We finally had a super long conversation the other night it was cool.
 
So the baptism on Saturday was good after all the stressful moments were over. We couldnt find a pianist for the life of us, it was only until the last moment that we finally found someone. No one could do it it was insane. President Black was there and there were tons of other missionaries. James the guy being baptized went through like 5 or 6 missionaries I think so most of them were there. I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost becasue we didnt know who else could do it. But every one said it was really good I just had the spirit so I was guided to know what to say. I was looking at james for most of the time I was talking and he would look up occasionaly and I could see his eyes were all teary so it went really well. I told him that he should remember this day and the moment he recieves the holy ghost because it will be a source of strength for him when he goes through something rough. I know it was what Heavenly Father wanted me to say to him. So it was such a wonderful moment, and Sister Sprouse said I did amazing as well along with many other people.
So I was trying to listen to my farewell talk last week and it wouldnt work, I guess when I put it on my IPod it didnt do it correctly so I cant listen to it, oh well. Oh yes I got the package THANK YOU!!! I got it on Thursday so it only took like two days :) I remember that day I was so tired and I wasnt feeling well so I laid down on the bed and told sister sprouse she could open it so she did. I think she enjoyed it. Thank you so much for the pictures they are SOOOO cute. Love them! Thank you for the talks and everything else. I honestly cant remember all that you sent me but thank you for the cord I have been using it all the time now so its awesome. I will most definately use the camelback. I found a store that I love I probably said this in the last letter but we went to REI last week so that is my new favorite store. It has TONS of rock climbing things so I will probably go back there and get somethings after the mission.
 
Thank you for the scriptures I will look them up and read them again. I know I know hebrews 11 but I cant think of what it says but it will look it up again. I get my new companion tonight so it will be interesting to see how things will be. I hope this transfer goes well and that we get along. Its having to start all over again of getting to know someone and working with them to help others. It sucks but I know that I am learning so much from this experience.
 
So here are a couple of scriptures we left with various people this past week Moroni 7:13, Alma 36:3, Heleman 5:12, Alma 37:6-7. I left a thought with Sister Rumel there is a picture at the end of the photos in sister sprouse with her and sister rumel, she is sitting down and has a dress on. Hopefully you can see who I am talking about. But when we were at Waymonds on Tuesday night I thought back to the hike we had the day before. It related so well to what we were talking about. But I was caught up in this thought. Sometimes we see other people and wish we were at their level to be like them, but we think that it is not possible because we think we will never be able to obtain that level because it is so high that it seems out of reach for us. I remember thinking back on the hike after we got back to where we started I looked up and saw it. I thought to myself that is so tall and really high did I really climb up there and stand on that level to be up so high. I couldnt see it but I thought that it was little by little. It didnt happen all at once I had to focus on the trials that stood right before me that was difficult. I had to make sure my footing was right and that I could get up a little more, it was by focusing on and pressing through taking that next step to go a little more. It was little by little having faith that Christ would be right there to help me to give me strength to press on a little more to climb that rock just a little bit more. It didnt come all at once but it was by those small steps of faith that helped me to get to the top of that rock to reach that high level. That is just how it is in our own life. It is by little steps it is by taking those small steps to press a little more through our trial that we get a little closer to that level we desire. We all can reach that level that we so desire to get to but we should look up and think that we will never get to it we must focus on those things that will help us get to that level, and that focus is Christ. When we turn to heavenly Father and strive to become more like Christ he will help us reach that level. 
 
Did you know that they put out a new Joseph Smith video for investigators, its similar to the one they had in the visitor center. Its called Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration. you can watch it on lds.org under media library. Its pretty good from what I have watched. I cant believe that it is already that time for another missionary from our ward to leave that is awesome. So this makes 5 missionaries out now is that right? 

Well I am going to go. I love you and miss you both so much. I will talk to you next week. Love you!
Love Heather Baby Little One

No comments:

Post a Comment