Monday, May 16, 2011

Heather's 1st Transfer!

Hello Family and Friends,
How are you all doing? I am doing good. It was sooo good to talk to you both, mom and dad. I felt like I have been talking to you guys every other day but its been like 7 weeks since I really talked to you both. A mission keeps you busy and there is so much going on and things to do, its great. Yes mom your email was a lot better thank you. I haven't received any other emails besides you two so I have a lot more time to read and respond back to you both. We went shopping today I got new shoes finally!!! I also got two shirts.

We got a total of 73 lessons last transfer! That is pretty darn good if you ask me, I guess our district leader only got 20 which means they only had an average of 3 lessons a week, that's horrible. Thank you for the address dad, I will try to write to the ward this week, hopefully. Thank you for buying me the flag, we finally found this store one of the Elders have been telling us about today. So sister Sprouse got a flag, but I am looking forward to the one you got me! So Saturday we had a lesson with a lady we have been teaching and it went well we are finishing up the lessons with her. She is super excited about getting baptized next Saturday May 21, so that will be my official first baptism. But we are having a baptism this weekend with a guy we had to pass him off to the Elders in Red Rock Zone. So his baptism will be at 6 this Saturday, and we get to have BBQ meaning Tri-tip! This past Saturday we had a Car Show the Monte Cristo Ward put on. We asked if we could do a booth for missionary stuff and they said yes. So it was fun we got one guy who is really interested in learning more about the Church hopefully he will feel the truth and join. I guess he has come to the Monte Cristo Ward (the ward that meets before our ward in the same building) but the Elders haven't talked to him or given him the lessons at all. When we talked to him he was really really interested in learning more and this guy came to their ward a couple of times and they still arent teaching him. I just dont understand why they haven't been teaching him. 
 
On Friday we had a lesson with the lady that will be baptized on May 21, it was really good. We talked about Following the Prophet, tithing, fasting, and the Word of Wisdom. It was great and it is amazing that she hasn't had a drink of coffee in two weeks. I am so amazed by her willingness and strength to do what the Lord asks of her. I know that she is going to be a great individual and she is going to touch the lives of many people in the Church. Her strength now is so amazing and her faith is astounding, I cant wait for her to receive the Holy Ghost she is going to be so unbelievably amazing, I cant even tell you but she is going to do so much in building the kingdom of God. So that afternoon (Friday) we had lunch with a lady who is from India she is Muslim I think but she was telling us about her beliefs and all that stuff, and I learned so much from her. They have the holy scriptures they call it the writ or something I am not for sure on the name but I found out that it is the bible just in their language. They have the book of Genesis, they have the story of Noah and Moses, and she was telling us the names for them in her language it was amazing. It was so cool to see the different beliefs, I really want to take a World Religion Class now when I get back to school. We have met so many catholics and some baptists, but I still don't know all that they believe in. Oh one day (don't know if I told you this b=efore) but one day we were at the Hospital and there were these ladies that were walking up behind us and they said hey sisters. So we turned around and said hi and they were all excited when we turned around and they got closer and they looked at our name tag and said oh you are Mormon sisters. After they saw that they hurried up and left, they said that they were Jehovah's Witnesses. It was so funny to see because it was like they wanted nothing to do with us after that. But I got a good laugh out of it, some people. I have come to see that they only believe in Christ's death, not many religions focus on his Resurrection like we do. It's so sad that they focus on the bad and sad things, they should focus more on the happier things in life. 
 
I hope the family is doing good. I will still need the addresses, so don't forget to send those to me please. :) I have a nice stack of BOMs on the table that I will take a picture of for you both. Oh so we have been teaching a man who is less active. He's actually on Dialysis, he has bad kidneys and a really bad cough. But they have to go and clean out his blood every week or something. But we have been going over to their house almost every week, he reminds me of Grandpa and Jeff a lot, but he finally came to church this past Sunday.
Oh so we have had a lunch appointment every day this week which is such a blessing. But we had lunch with someone who is a friend of one of the members in the Ward, and her niece. It was so fun, we went to Applebees on Rainbow and Spring Mountain next to Walmart. We found out that there is an Applebees closer to us on Charleston right where we live it was hilarious. So now we know next time that there is an Applebees close to us. But her niece lives in New York, the Queens area. She reminded me so much of Aunt Jeanie it was great. Have you talked to Uncle Eric lately? They were telling us about what they have been doing while she was in town, and I got more places to visit when I come back. Oh one more thing about the a family in the ward, we did service for them on Thursday for about 2 and 1/2 hours it was great we got all the Elders in our district to come and help.
 
It is amazing all the things I learn from so many people. I read this scripture and shared it at one of our dinner appointments this past week 2 Nephi 4:24, it is referenced in I Need Thee Every Hour. I will try to call Holli again this week and see if I can meet her. I am so happy to hear that Dad and Jeff got some gloves, its about darn time! I am excited to come back and play catch with them. I hope you got a glove for me too :) I am really happy that things are going good, and to hear that you all are being blessed its great to hear that. So tonight we have a lesson with one of the daughter's of a family in the ward. They wanted us to come teach her the lessons again she just got out of jail, so they believe this will help her. Sister Sprouse is freaking out about it, but I know that it will be okay because God will bless us if we just have faith in him. And its not like we are going to die from it either. 
 
It has been challenging with Sister Sprouse, and I do miss Sister Walker but I know that I am learning and growing so much more from it. So its been interesting but good, and I am coming to understand what I can learn from her. I have come to see that a marriage needs tons of communication and that they need to talk about things and pray about things. But its been good, she likes to try to say she can beat me up so I tell her that I will hurt her. Its fun, but hard but I know I will grow so much more from it all. And time has gone by so fast I can just see how fast it will be by the time I am leaving. We decorated a couple of doors these past two days (Sister Black, the mission president's wife and the Deckers) we just put paper that said we love you on it. 
 
Oh before I forget we had 5 sisters in our apartment. We thought Sister walker was going to leave that Monday night but we found out that Sister Walker was staying until Tuesday morning so we had Sister Woznow ("woz know"), Sister Dixon (she talks so much drove me insane so happy to have peace and quiet after they left), Sister Walker, and then Sister Sprouse and I. It was packed and noisy and we had a dinner appointment that night with the Oswalds so they had five sisters at their home, it was awesome. Over half the sisters in the mission are in Las Vegas. Oh and they are upping the numbers to 18 sisters probably already told you that but oh well. 

Well that is all for now I will talk to you next week. I love you and miss you bunches! It was so good to see you all and talk to you. LOVE YOU!!!
 
Love Heather Baby Little One

No comments:

Post a Comment