Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Heather's Departure from IL and Arrival in UT

We took Heather to the airport on Wednesday, March 2 at 6:45 am. It was very early and we were all very tired. She was excited but also sad to leave home! It was one of the hardest things I have ever done! We left her at the security checkpoint, watched her walk through and waved goodbye as she walked to the gate! She was able to call me from the Salt Lake City airport to let me know that she arrived there ok. It was 11:45 am CST, when she called and we talked for almost 5 min. She said that it was the longest flight,which was what Pres. Evans said, and she hadn't slept very well on the flight. She had to get her bags and get to the shuttle in about 5 minutes, so we had to end the call! :(  She told me that she would call me again in 3 weeks, when she will be at the airport again going to NV! I look forward to it, and it will be a nice anniversary gift, Rusty and I's 26th wedding anniversary on the 23rd of March, the day I talk to Heather again. We can assume that she made it to the MTC, I haven't actually heard from her but I am sure that she is there. I will keep this up to date when Heather sends me emails and letters!  

No comments:

Post a Comment